Parking Passes for the 2022-2023 school year will cost $50. ($25 for CVCC/CCP students) There will be no paper applications this year. Please click on the link below for the parking application. All questions on the application need to be completed and documents need to be uploaded before a parking pass will be issued. Payments must be made at time of pass pickup. (Cash or check made out to BBHHS) Filling out the application does not hold a spot in line or guarantee a pass will be issued. Once you application is complete you may stop up to the main office to obtain a pass starting on the dates listed below. Passes will be issued on a first-come, first-serve basis starting with seniors Friday, August 12th. Seniors will be given exclusive rights to buy a parking space before any underclassmen are permitted to begin purchasing spaces on Friday August 19th. If you have any questions please contact Michelle Cook at [email protected] or 440-740-4711.
Driving to school and parking in student lots is a privilege that requires adherence to certain rules and regulations. These rules (listed below) are stated on the application for the driving permit and are handed to the students when they receive their permits. The student’s and parent’s purchase of a parking pass indicates knowledge of and agreement to comply with these rules and regulations. The application form will be available online--the cost of a parking permit for the school year is $50. Fees will be prorated by $5.00 quarterly starting with the first date of the quarter.
Students who drive to school without proper authorization will be immediately assessed the full price of a parking permit to their student fee account. Students who need to drive on an occasional basis (doctor’s appointment, club meeting, special help from a teacher, etc.) may obtain a temporary permit from the Main Office.
RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR STUDENT DRIVERS
1. Parking permits are non-transferable. Only a student who is registered and hangs an authorized permit on the rearview mirror will be permitted to park in the designated student lots. All others will be told to leave the grounds and return without the car. Any missed school time will be considered unexcused. Students who falsify a parking permit will be subject to severe disciplinary consequences. Student cars are not to be parked in any other area of the campus or grounds—including grassy areas.
2. Students who park in the faculty lot will be assessed a $10 fine for the first five (5) offenses and then a $20 fine for each successive violation.
3. The speed limit on school district property is 10 m.p.h. Drive slowly and carefully. Speeding and/or reckless operation of a vehicle will result in disciplinary and/or police action.
4. Drivers are to park properly, one space per vehicle, between the designated lines. Drivers are not to park in handicapped spaces or in fire lanes.
5. Students should park, lock their vehicles and go directly into the building—loitering in the parking lot is prohibited.
6. Students are not permitted to smoke or engage in any disruptive behavior while in vehicles on school grounds.
7. Students are hereby advised that vehicles parked on school grounds are subject to search at any time and may be subjected to random canine search.
8. A student must have permission to return to his/her car during the school day.
9. It becomes the student’s responsibility to arrive at school on time. The attendance office will not excuse students who arrive late due to a flat tire, engine trouble, or other transportation-related excuses.
10. Give buses the right-of-way. Use extreme caution around school buses.
11. Follow the proper traffic pattern. At posted times, traffic flow will be in one direction heading up the hill to the front of the building to ensure the safety of all students arriving or leaving campus. Pedestrians have the right of way in a crosswalk. All parents and students are expected to exit campus through the Board of Education driveway in single file order. Crossing the yellow line or doubling up is not permitted.
12. Neither Brecksville-Broadview Heights High School nor Brecksville-Broadview Heights City School District will be responsible for any damage or loss incurred while student vehicles are parked in the student parking lots. Lock your vehicle.
Violation of the rules stated above and/or reckless or improper operation of a motor vehicle while on campus, driving unregistered vehicles, or parking in non-designated spots will also result in disciplinary action that may include:
- Adhesive warning stickers affixed to the vehicle.
- Temporary or permanent loss of driving privileges.
- Issuing of detentions, Saturday school assignments, and/or an in-school restriction.
- Fines are issued for each infraction after an initial warning. $10 fine for the first five (5) offenses and then a $20 fine for each successive violation (e.g., No Permit, Parking in unassigned lots (staff or another student lot), parking in grass areas, parking in areas not designated as a parking space, parking in fire lanes, unsafe driving practices, not following established traffic flow, etc.) these fees will be directly added to the student fees account.
- Unauthorized vehicles parked on school grounds are subject to towing at the owner’s expense.
- Significant safety and/or pervasive violations may result in the issuance of a ticket from the BHPD in addition to the consequences outlined above.